LAWASIA Employment Law Forum 2019
25-26 January 2019, Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, Denarau, Fiji
THEME: 'Balancing Employment Law Rights & Obligations'
ABOUT THE FORUM:
This 1 ½ day LAWASIA Employment Law Forum will offer a topical, practical and intensive programme, providing lawyers in the region, particularly in Fiji and the South Pacific, a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of employment law.
The forum will examine a range of topical national and cross-border issues of relevance to legal practitioners now and into the future. A line-up of speakers from the host jurisdiction of Fiji and the Asia Pacific will share information and expertise on subjects including:
- Migrant labour issues: the rights of migrant workers and the obligations of employers;
- Model clauses for employment agreements: exploring uniformity of employment terms in national and transnational employment;
- Employment law Implications of mergers and acquisitions;
- Disciplinary investigations: the need to be both effective and fair;
- Social media, privacy and employment: balancing rights where business information is involved.
Please visit the forum website to register and for more information on travel, accommodation and the full programme.